Friday, March 14, 2008

Half a Century & Counting

With Beard ... Without Beard

Today is the Big Day. Happy Birthday Nels. So Far, so good. When Nels went downstairs this morning, he found a big poster on the inside of the front door created by Mabel & Sophie: 50 Things That are Great About Dad. They truly came up with some great things. My personal favorites: "Has a Gentle Face," "Can Juggle With 3 Balls (Oranges too!)" and the shameless plug: "Lets Us Keep Hamsters!" Oh. I also agree with the one about Swedish Pancakes. Thomas wanted to make his dad breakfast, but I thought there were more pressing things for him to do like: Get ready for school and: Go to School.



The Celebration Continues. Tonight, All of the kids & their significant other(s) within driving distance will be here for a lovely dinner (Well, in my mind it is a lovely dinner--and thanks to our dear neighbor, Michelle Huxtable, party thrower extraordinaire, I have some fabulous plans involving chicken, and the ingredients to carry them out. :) I also plan to force one of my children to take pictures of the whole thing, so you, dear reader, will see how it all plays out. Now, off I go to carry out more of my "Nefarious Little Plans." (I believe that is direct quote from Pirates of Penzance.) I don't however, have a "Felonious Little Band" to carry them out with--but I DO have Lizzie. Catch you Later.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nels
Cool poster, we will use that idea. I can't believe how old we are all getting! I will be 45 this July. Of course I think we Draper's mostly improve with age, or could that be just our arrogance shining through. Love Ya, Katie Peterson

Sage said...

Happy Birthday Nels! from Dave, Sage, Silas, Noah, Eden, and Chloe! You don't look a day over 29!

M said...

You don't have to approve this comment- you just have to blog about the birthday, pictures would be nice too. Do it. Do it now.

Sascha said...

That baby picture looks so much like Mabel, it's crazy.

Mabs said...

yeah it does! :D